2007-06-13

Lots of Adam Resurrected News + a Big Chill remake?

Courtesy our loyal compatriot Anke, who commented with a head's up a few days ago, (sorry it took me so long, I keep telling y'all I'm SO BUSY! Ha) here are a couple of links from posts on the Adam Resurrected message board on IMDB.

First, a couple of photos of Jeff on location.









And next, a link to a website that has both a five minute video about the film and many more photographs.

After looking through so many images from the film shoot, I have to say I believe that Jeff shaved his head in order to wear a hairpiece that did not line up with his natural hairline. This isn't unusual in show business - for instance I know that Orlando Bloom had to shave his head in order to wear the high-foreheaded wig for the role of Legolas in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It also answers the question about why he chose to keep his natural hair on the sides, since the hairpiece would blend into them. What's unusual about Jeff however, is that he has chosen to walk around bald and proud while he waits for his hair to grow back. Most celebrities would wear something to cover up. I can dig it, Jeff! You work that gleam!

And here's a funny little nugget of trivia. Apparently someone wants to remake The Big Chill, with an entirely African-American cast. That was the first film I remember seeing Jeff Goldblum in, at the age of 9, and I was immediately hooked on his style. He became my first ever movie star crush at that point. It makes me wonder if the characters will have the same names, and who they're going to cast as Michael Gold. Whoever it is will have some big shoes to fill as far as I'm concerned. Hmmm....The Big Fill?

No comments: